With higher efficiency than pure worm gear units, the helical-worm gear units are particularly powerful. The II2GD version can be used reliably in many explosion-proof applications.
Particularly powerful: with impressive efficiency, even in potentially explosive atmospheres
The simple design of these gear units ensures cost-effectiveness. The individual adjustment of torque and speed allows for space-saving installation of our helical-worm gear units. Use the S series gear units to implement simple tasks in your machine or plant applications.
The combination with a helical gear stage significantly increases the efficiency compared to pure helical-worm gear units. The linear power transmission makes the worm gear units especially quiet in operation. Why? The force is transferred to the input shaft by the worm shaft and the worm gear, which dampens torque impulses and allows for a lower noise level. The torque ranges from 92 Nm to 4000 Nm.
Only half the solution without a motor? Then use our sophisticated modular concept and combine the explosion-proof gear units of the S series with the explosion-proof motor of your choice.
Configure your individual product
- Detailed information about your individual product
- CAD data and documentation for your configuration
- Option to directly request a quotation or place an order
Space-saving installationthanks to individual adjustment of torque and speed in all 7 sizes.
High efficiencydue to the helical and worm gear combination. Much higher than in basic helical-worm gear units.
Low-noise operationbecause the linear power transmission dampens torque impulses on the input shaft.
- Gear units comply with Directive 94/9/EC (ATEX), or as of April 20, 2016 of the EU Directive 2014/34/EU (ATEX), equipment group II, categorie 2, variant II2GD
- For use on the European market
- Accepted in China
- Accepted in Russia in combination with EAC certificates (formerly GOST-R)
- Certified protection types:
- Protection type “c”: Protected by safe construction (design safety), EN13463-1 and -5
- Protection type “k”: Protected by liquid immersion, EN13463-1 and -8
- Standardized robust covers as shrink disk covers on the gear unit
- All screws are secured against automatic loosening
- Gear unit has a separate nameplate
- High-quality oil seals
- Lubricant can withstand high temperatures
- Significantly more efficient than pure worm gear units due to helical-worm combinations
- Very low-noise operation
- Available variants:
- Foot- or flange-mounted
- B5 or B14 flange-mounted
- Solid or hollow shaft
- Hollow shaft with keyed connection, shrink disk, splined hollow shaft, or TorqLOC®
Explosion-proof S series / sizes 37 / 47 / 57 / 67 / 77 / 87 / 97
|Gear unit ratio||i||6.80 – 288.00|
|Gear unit ratio – double gear units||i||110 – 33,818|
|Max. output torque||Nm||92 – 4,000|
|Motor power range (Mounting via AM motor adapter)||kW||0.12 – 22|
Areas of application
- Applications in potentially explosive atmospheres with air/gas or air/dust mixtures according to Directive 94/9/EC (ATEX), or as of April 20, 2016 of the EU Directive 2014/34/EU (ATEX)
- Equipment categories II2GD
- Use with air mixtures
- With gases (G): in zones 1 and 2
- With dusts (D): in zones 21 and 22
- Automotive industry
- Food and beverage industry
- Wood, construction and construction materials industries
- Special applications such as biogas systems